Software Engineer (New Graduate)
Greater NYC Area
Teachable is a tight-knit team of 25 engineers who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
Teachable is looking for a recent or upcoming graduate to work with us full time as a back-end or front-end engineer. (Our stack is Ruby/Rails/Typescript/React)
As a software engineer at Teachable, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and over 7 million students. You will work to create beautiful systems that are robustly designed to meet the needs of our massive and rapidly growing user base.
Who You Are
- Hold a 4 year CS degree and have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals
- Have completed at least 1 internship
- For those interested in working on the back-end, experience with Ruby is a plus.
- Care about good programming practices (test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Value working as part of a team and supporting other team members when needed
- Are interesting, creative, fun to work with and interested in doing cool things with a cool product
- Varied internship experiences (security, data, design, ops) are always a plus.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description