Software Engineer, OTT Monetization at Vimeo
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites and apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku. Our core technology is a React and Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products and viewers watch and pay for videos.
We’re a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, and upholds technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Join a cross-functional team where you’ll work with engineers, designers, and product managers to iterate on small, shippable features for Vimeo OTT.
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, and security for our services. Participate in our on-call rotation.
- Become an engineering leader for our team: mentor more junior engineers, collaborate on architectural decisions, and drive best practices and standards.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping features by building frontend components and API endpoints.
- You are fluent with web development concepts and best practices.
- You prioritize shipping user value and have the agile experience to help our whole team focus on our users.
- You practice empathy while working across teams - we regularly collaborate with peers on non-technical teams.
- You set an example for high-quality code and automated tests.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs