Software Engineer - Performance at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
- Coach other engineers to craft quantitative models of their systems' performance and cost,
- Solve gnarly performance issues that nobody else has been able to crack,
- Build tools that help you in your everyday analysis,
- Share interesting findings with the community at large,
- Split your time 50/50 between proactive and reactive performance analysis.
- You have strong foundational knowledge of modern, distributed computing.
- You have a proven track record of understanding the performance of large-scale services, quantitatively and in fine details.
- Profilers, debuggers, tracers hide no secrets from you, especially in a linux environment.
- You display persistence, focus and creativity to get to the bottom of the matter at issue.
- You communicate well and your enthusiasm for the craft is contagious.
- You have a strong background in statistics.
- You value observability and monitoring.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.