Software Engineer (Platform Control Plane) at Unqork
Unqork is a new way to build enterprise software: it's a purely visual, drag-and-drop no-code platform designed to support the scale, complexity and security that enterprise applications require. Our customers are leaders in insurance, financial services, healthcare and the public sector, and they use Unqork to build custom software faster, with higher quality and at lower costs than code-based approaches. Founded in 2017, Unqork reached unicorn status in 2020, with a valuation of $2B. Unqork has been named one of the Best Startup Employers by Forbes, Best Places to Work by Built In and one of LinkedIn's Top Startups.
- You will report to the Development Operations Manager in the Operate Camp.
- You will be creating an events driven autonomous system, the Platform Control Plane (PCP), with the goal of centrally managing all facets of the hundreds of deployments of our core platform.
- You will work with several engineering departments, Infrastructure, SRE, Core Platform, and departments on the business side, Production Support, Solutions Architecture and multiple others. This internal platform will act as an abstraction layer and interface between the clouds we operate on, services we use and our application platform itself.
- You will create the automation architecture that allows Unqork to scale to 1000+ clients.
- Serve on a team of technical architects and developers building new automation uses cases for the control plane and the control plane itself
- Work with other engineering teams and key stakeholders in the technology organization with the goal of reducing developer pain points
- Partner with Solutions Architecture and Production Support teams to create the unifying interface for the Unqork internal deployment platform (the PCP)
- Immerse yourself in Unqork technological ecosystem, maintaining an understanding of the internal organization facing and the external customer facing platforms
- Have the work you are doing directly affect the operational overhead of your coworkers
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Advanced Experience with programming languages such as Python, NodeJS or Go.
- Experience building, managing and operating your own codebases/services. We are a small team that practices DevOps culture and expects that each member of the team can be self-sufficient.
- Deep experience architecting distributed services within cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Docker and Kubernetes administration experience.
- Serverless computing experience, AWS Lambda.
- Experience provisioning infrastructure with Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt. Ansible Tower or AWX is a plus.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.