Software Engineer - Platform
Software Engineer - Platform
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organisations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights' Software Engineers work hard to make sure we’re performant, highly available and resilient to failures. As a software engineer in infrastructure, you will be responsible for planning and building our infrastructure, maintaining the core services used by our product engineering teams and designing amazing developer experiences.
We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learn quickly when new technologies are introduced. We care more about your engineering skill versus your deep knowledge of a particular language or framework. Candidates must be able to work ET or GMT standard operating hours.
- Own the core services used by multiple engineering teams
- Ensure our infrastructure is highly available
- Diagnose complex issues across various levels of the stack
- Improve the instrumentation and monitoring of our platform
- Design and build our core infrastructure
- Work closely with our engineers to ensure they have the best tooling
- Improve the reliability of our distributed systems
- Design and implement impactful architectural changes
- Work in small, nimble teams.
You might be a fit if you:
- Are able to write code in a high-level programming language. We primarily work with Ruby but we also have some Python, Java, and Elixir in the stack
- Experience with debugging distributed systems
- Balance the trade-offs required when building complex systems
- Experience with PaaS and cloud providers such as AWS. ECS or Kubernetes knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Docker and the deploying Docker containers in a managed environment
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- Have proven technical ownership of a specific application or level of infrastructure
- Can balance deep work with cross-team collaboration
- Enjoy writing code in a variety of languages
- Experience designing highly available architectures
- Constantly learn from and mentor other engineers
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to hear from you.
You might work on:
- Leading our migration away from our PaaS infrastructure
- Re-architecting our large applications into microservices
- Add availability zones in multiple regions to support our global business
- Making our developer experience amazing through great tooling and environment
- Optimizing and scaling our overall platform architecture
- Reducing latency in our services for specific regions (Asia, Europe)
- Designing a service monitoring solution with actionable alerts
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com