Software Engineer - Platform at Clear Street
About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to build our core Platform. You will own the implementation of new features and services, turning the complexity of processing financial transactions across various asset classes into highly scalable services. You will tackle nontrivial problems that will challenge you to flex your system design muscles, balance tradeoffs, and implement clean efficient code. We are a collaborative group of engineers working together to design and build a platform that will drive the future of Clear Street.
We are passionate about improving technical standards, adopting best practices, and our culture of system designs.
- You have 2+ years of professional experience implementing highly scalable services (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java or C++).
- You have contributed to systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems that handle massive amounts of data. You are drawn towards scale, distributed systems, and associated technologies.
- You prioritize end user experience and it shows in your APIs design, functionality, and performance.
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- You adhere to engineering best practices and standards, are able to contribute to system design, and can help build scalable services from the ground up.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.