Software Engineer, Platform at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric Software Engineer to join our team where you would be responsible for enhancing an application platform that front end application developers across CLEAR will use. This role offers an exciting opportunity to create and iterate on new versions of the platform while influencing architecture, and tackling our unique technical challenges. This is an amazing opportunity to help drive growth of our product and our team!
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services and software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build or enhance backend platform services that power CLEAR’s user-facing applications
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability as well as functional tests
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Understand various systems in our platform and how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR API
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience building distributed backend services using Java or similar
- Experience developing and publishing APIs
- Experience working with Docker, bonus if worked with Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services and infrastructure using charting frameworks (Graphite, SignalFx, DataDog, ELK etc) and/or logging frameworks (SumoLogic, Splunk etc)
- Experience with event-based system design and microservice patterns
- Familiarity with observability principles like MTTD, MTTR etc and the Four Golden Signals
- You have the ability and willingness to work with any language building both simple back-end applications or utility scripts
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and collaboration skills