Addepar is building a single platform unifying hundreds of portfolio and market data systems and leveraging that platform to create robust, powerful financial applications.
The technical effort involved is massive. Our data ingestion platform processes tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day and our pricing and reference data systems provide analytics coverage for nearly two trillion dollars in assets. We build and run our own distributed financial computation framework that allows clients to run complex analysis of massive data sets in real time. We design robust APIs and powerful, versatile user interfaces to empower wealth managers to ask nuanced questions about their clients' holdings.
As a software engineer working on our product platform, you will build new services to extract and standardize cross-cutting product features, working in concert with our product and design teams.Your work will have a large impact turning single-point code into standard services accessible across teams and infrastructure. We expect you to lead technical projects and passionate about writing code. Our primary areas of responsibility include identity management, authorization and permissioning as we investigate new ways to integrate with both client and partner systems.
Addepar expects its engineering team members to be capable of executing across the stack, although specialization in one or more areas is common and encouraged. The common thread that unites all product engineers at Addepar is that they focus on delivering great products that drive value for Addepar clients. To be successful in this mission, in addition to your technical skills, we expect strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a context-driven approach to product development.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward functional service-based code.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- Experience building scalable systems, designing and implementing internal software services.
- Experience with AuthZ/AuthN services and their implementation or integration.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.