TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, securing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software applications for use both by internal TrialSpark employees and for external users. You will work with product managers, designers, and other functions of the business to help set priorities, scope technical work, coordinate changes, clarify and refine requirements, and set appropriate expectations. You are autonomous and self-driven, but can work effectively in a highly collaborative and team setting. In addition, you will use your experience and expertise to raise the bar on code quality, identify and prioritize off-roadmap opportunities, help set technical direction, and serve as a responsible steward of TrialSpark’s engineering culture.Relevant Experience
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience
- You seek to empathize with users and value their experience.
- You break down complicated problems and balance a bias towards action with building for the longer term.
- You have collaborated with various stakeholders to build the best products.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast-learner
- If you’ve worked with React, Python, GraphQL, Flask, and SQLAlchemy.
- Experience with debuggers, e.g. browser debuggers, pdb, PyCharm, etc.
- Track record of working with product management and shipping features to end users in a team environment.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and regulatory needs (e.g., HIPAA).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.