Software Engineer, Python & Django at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a web based app that generates graphs with data lineage. Most of your development effort will go towards Django, and on some JS, HTML, CSS.
This position is ideal if you would like to put your skills and wits into a fairly rare web app. You have to be capable of writing graph algorithms to fetch data and keep an eye on the overall performance. Part of the job is providing backend infrastructure for multiple lineage scanners.
Your work will leverage companies, developers and data scientists who will traverse the visual graph instead of digging into code and doing so manually or keeping it as black box altogether.A day in the life of a Software Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Delivering quality code while implementing new features
- Ensure graph generating goes smoothly without performance issues
- Push the limits of what can be achieved with graph visualizations
- Help to leverage value of metadata that are discovered by lineage scanner team
- Implement algorithms for tree traversals
- Work closely with your team members and cross functionally with other teams as Product
- Achieve many great things of which to be proud, and fall asleep happily after a great working day
- 8+ years of experience in building scalable software applications using Python, or 5+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in a related field
- Solid experience, at least 1 year, and skills with Django
- Experience and comfort working with agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- You are organized and you intuitively create structure around yourself
- You are comfortable working fully in English - we're a global team, and it's the language we share!
- You are a team player and enjoy working with global, distributed and diverse teams
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*