Software Engineer - QA
Latch is seeking a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to work on the software team to improve overall system efficiencies of developing products. Your focus will be to develop, maintain and execute testing initiatives to ensure the highest quality of product functionality before it reaches our customers’ hands. Testing will comprise of Usability, Functional, System, and Stress/Performance testing. The ideal candidate is excited to learn new things and willing to work through the details to get things done. Latch is a complex technology ecosystem so automation and creativity are critical.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Define and drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process.
- Design, execute, and maintain end-to-end, functional, integration and performance tests.
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure high reliability and quality metrics.
- Build tools, systems, and processes to strategically improve the reliability of all Latch products and services.
- Work closely with product managers and developers to ensure requirements are being fulfilled.
- Work closely with operations and customer success to ensure seamless deployments and high product reliability metrics in the field.
- BS or above in CS or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Python (or similar scripting language).
- 6 plus years’ experience in QA/Automation/Test/Delivery Engineering.
- Experience building QA and Automation roadmaps.
- Experience testing at least one of: native mobile apps, modern web apps, cloud APIs, IoT devices.
- Experience with CI/CD environments and tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience managing engineers or strong desire to mentor.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice