Software Engineer, React Native at ALT (Remote)
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral. Our future plans are to expand into other asset classes to support everything from trading cards, watches, NFTs and even LP interests.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
As our React Native engineer at Alt, you will lead the architecture of our cross platform mobile applications. We have recently launched our mobile app and our user base is growing rapidly. We are now looking for someone to level up our engineering team and help build a world class mobile experience for Alt’s alternative asset exchange.
- Research, scope, design, and implement new mobile functionality
- Advocate for mobile best practices in the areas of performance, testing, and accessibility
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Maintain and support our mobile build infrastructure
- Perform detailed code reviews and provide technical mentorship to engineers
- Work closely with designers and product managers to solve ambiguous user challenges
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience working with React Native in a production environment
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution
- You're known for shipping products and features lightning fast
- You’re an excellent problem solver and don’t need to be told exactly what to do
- Expertise in mobile performance, react native tooling, and user experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs is a plus
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)