Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
This role sits on our Server Platform team. The Server Platform team is responsible for making it easy for Figma’s engineering teams to build infrastructure services that are scalable, performant and observable by default. We work closely with our engineering partners to help design, build and run scalable infrastructure systems and services that power Figma’s design and collaboration tool. We bring experience and industry best-practices in designing services that are not only scalable and performant but also observable and reliable. We also add tools, services and monitoring to improve the operational maturity of Figma’s infrastructure.
We’re looking for a generalist with a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals. The ideal candidate will have experience building and running complex large scale services. Additionally, they will have a passion for building tools that simplify operating large-scale infrastructure and for improving the operational maturity for Figma.
Check out this recent blog post for a deeper dive into Infra @ Figma!
What you'll do at Figma:
- Work closely with the engineering team to define standard methodologies and goals around availability
- Address common operational challenges through better telemetry and by building tools / services
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products or infrastructure components
- Plan for the growth of Figma’s infrastructure
- Operate and maintain AWS Infrastructure
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience operating infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a proven grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- Have experience managing infrastructure services in AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Demonstrate unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- Are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure
- Have a track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
- Care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mindset and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism
- Have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action
- Have excellent technical communication skills
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Under to hood of Figma's infrastructure challenges
- Figma's engineering values
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.