Software Engineer, Search & Recommendations
The Search and Recommendations team specializes in using machine learning techniques and relevance engineering to boost user experience on Vimeo platform wide.
As an engineer on this team, you'll work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers towards the mission of making Vimeo an engaging and valuable home for
video creators. You'll be helping to ensure the quality and stability of APIs as well as innovating and experimenting with new algorithms and methodologies.
What you'll do:
- Drive technical and architectural planning
- Work with product managers to come up with new features and improvements on existing products
- Implement and test new features for querying against Elasticsearch
- Build and test new methods for ingesting, enriching, and normalizing data
- Improve developer experience through ensuring optimal deployment pipelines and monitoring processes
- Help to define product goals and working with the analytics team to accurately track against these goals
- Collaborate with other engineers and review code to ensure that services remain reliable, scalable, and performant
Skills and Knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs
- Comfort with learning and utilizing new technologies
- Proficiency with modeling and querying against data at a large scale
- Experience in deploying, monitoring, and maintaining distributed, containerized services
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kubernetes PHP, Python, Jenkins
- Experience with front-end application development, UX engineering
- Experience building and iterating on search engines
- Proficiency with SQL
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 150 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.