We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Security Agent team develops innovative ways to protect customers, detecting (even blocking) attacks and threats at runtime on the servers themselves. Unauthorized file changes, bad processes, suspicious network communications, dangerous kernel changes… There’s no shortage of risks to protect against. Doing it at runtime on the production servers of thousands of our customers, with no visible performance impact and no stability risk, is a tall order. In a given day, you may dive into low-level Linux internals, move past the many obstacles through careful thinking and open discussion in the team, find and fix the (possibly unusual and imaginative) bypasses of our security features...
- Develop (in Go and C/eBPF) the Security Agent in the open, adding new security detections capabilities as well as strengthening the existing ones.
- Keep ahead of Linux’s most recent additions like KRSI, yet bring new features to older kernels.
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience.
- You have mastered Linux, from the system to the libs to the common apps.
- You are comfortable with low-level implementation and systems programming (e.g. syscalls, network, kernel modules).
- You care about code simplicity and performance.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers.
- You enjoy interacting with the upstream open-source communities, and can drive technical conversations in the open.
- You enjoy sharing with great docs or blog posts.
- You are interested in security.
Is this you? Send your resume and links to your GitHub!
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.