With the continued impact of COVID-19 and social distancing measures, Kensho is conducting all interviews and on-boarding activities remotely. At the present time, all employees are working remotely, until further notice. When the time comes to open our offices, Kensho will fully support those employees who would like to continue working remotely and not ask anyone to return to the office until they are comfortable.
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the freedom, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. We produce a suite of AI-powered solutions that solves the challenges of the largest, most successful businesses and institutions, helping them make sense out of a world full of messy data.
As a mid-level Software Engineer, Site Reliability (SRE) at Kensho, you will ensure that Kensho’s services, both internally-critical and customer-facing, have reliability and uptime based on users' expectations. You will work closely with our team of Infrastructure and Application Engineers to come up with scalable solutions. You will also be working with Technical Architects, Product and Engineering Managers and Application Developers to ensure stability and identify critical improvements.
Are you an experienced Site Reliability Engineer and thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist who loves building the infrastructure that helps others do their jobs more effectively and efficiently? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that brings transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do
- You will run and stabilize Kensho’s production services that support critical financial applications and backend processes.
- You will monitor, maintain and help scale services that are integrated into S&P’s platform.
- You will manage end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- You will add, tune and maintain alert configurations and documentation as needed.
- You will design and build advanced automated operational and deployment frameworks alongside tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- You will cultivate full-team participation in high quality, thoughtful software.
- You will coordinate and train production support team as needed.
- You will participate in on-call/production support.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Kubernetes, HAProxy, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kafka, Prometheus, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Postgres
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- You have 3+ years of experience
- You are fluent in any one of the modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, C++, etc.)
- You have strong experience with coding and debugging
- You demonstrate a practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Ideally, you also have DevOps experience and can demonstrate skills in any of the following:
- Automation for CI/CD pipeline using scripting (Groovy preferred)
- Kubernetes and strong networking fundamentals
- Engineering and supporting production services in a modern, containerized cloud environment
- Scalable testing, automation, continuous integration frameworks and best practices
How to Really Get Our Attention
- You have been a major technical contributor in a big project
- Your open source projects show innovation and initiative
- You have research, publications, and patents, if any
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.