At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Software Engineer and Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will work directly with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers building our core platform. You will draw on your knowledge of the inner workings of clearing processes to design, build, and implement crucial services within a highly scalable distributed system. You will work with our team to design services and own their implementation as you work to enhance the functionality and features of our platform. Your combination of product knowledge (trade lifecycles, clearing systems, interacting with DTC/OCC etc) and exceptional engineering will help us deliver API functionality that combines speed and consistency. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates on the nuances of our business.
Software Engineer (SME) Characteristics:
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ of those years focused delivering clearing system components.
- You have developed high quality code that extends system functionality and directly interacts with domestic and international clearing organizations (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java or C++).
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- You grasp product specifications and effectively map them to technical requirements. You thoughtfully and successfully incorporate these requirements into your system design and implementation.
- You are a collaborator by nature who works effectively with product teams to understand the scope, cost, and requirements of new product feature development.
- You adhere to engineering best practices and standards, are able to contribute to system design, and can help build scalable services from the ground up.
Platform Team Stack: Go, gRPC, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks