Software Engineer, Sports at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
Your team will be building consumer focused back end biometric experiences that will be used in Sports and Entertainment. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new, and enhance existing, Java-based server-side applications.
- Work closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers to build micro services based applications
- Write automated Unit, Functional tests and smoke tests for each service while maintaining a code coverage of > 80%.
- Develop and maintain software using already established best practices for creating readable and maintainable code
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of Java experience
- Good object oriented modeling concepts, have worked in creating maintainable applications using appropriate design principles
- Experience in developing & enhancing large back end applications
- Experience with writing Unit tests for every new feature developed in the application
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with the intention of flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and collaboration skills