We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer for the team powering the backend of the Synthetics product. Synthetics allows to monitor applications, API endpoints, and key business flows via simulated user requests. Its backend is written in Typescript and has to deal with very high throughput of test results. The whole Synthetics ecosystem is built on top of the Datadog platform and high-scale open source frameworks and languages such Redis, Kafka, Go or Kubernetes.
- Contribute to Datadog’s backend and ensure the very high quality of the code
- Learn deep knowledge of browsers and network protocols, both used for our tests
- Work with the product team and your team lead to define innovative new features
- Scale the systems to accommodate our hyper growth
- You are experienced with Typescript and NodeJS
- You are familiar with end-to-end testing
- You are familiar with Kubernetes and Docker
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You have good knowledge of network protocols
- You have experience with observability products
- You have experience in mobile development
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.