We're looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Test Automation and Software Engineering team to design, develop and maintain complex test automation frameworks and tools that enable dozens of engineers to deliver high quality code. You will be working on test strategies that align with the product design and cover the entire software development lifecycle. In addition you’ll also:
- Own the integration of automated test execution into continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Work with development teams to determine and implement best automation testing strategy for each situation
- Guide development teams on best practices by utilizing the most suitable tools and techniques to build-in quality in their code
- Conduct proof of concept (PoC) on latest automation tools and technologies
You will also have an opportunity to work with a world-class team of engineers, help define automation strategy for the organization and work with highly talented and diverse cross-functional engineering teams.
Who You Are
You're a collaborative Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience in test automation engineering. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have hands-on programming experience using high-level languages such as C# (preferred), Java or Python
- You have expertise in modern test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer
- You are a good team player, and have the ability to work cross-functionally
- You hold a BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have developed test automation frameworks for complex distributed systems
- You have experience working with CI tools like Jenkins, TeamCity
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud and modern virtualization technologies (Docker, etc.)
- You have experience with performance testing
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.