Software Engineer in Test
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
- Participate in the release planning process to review functional specifications and create release plans.
- Collaborate with software engineers to design verification test plans.
- Design regression test suites and review with engineering, applications and the field organization.
- Execute verification and regression tests for each release.
- Produce regular reports on the status and quality of software releases.
- Assess the quality, usability and functionality of each release. Provide a Go/No-Go recommendation to the VP of Engineering.
- Develop and organize QA Processes for assigned projects to align with overall QA goals
- Lead and train a dynamically changing team of testing resources.
- Provide practical creative input to the software design and specification process.
- Cultivate an Onsite-Offshore experience
- Exhibit expertise in handling large scale programs/projects that involve multiple stakeholders (like Business, Dev, Ops, UAT, PM)
- Maintain a leading edge understanding of QA as related to interactive technologies best practices
- Design and implement test automation strategy for multiple product development teams.
- Lead effort for related automation projects, design and code reviews.
Technical Skills :
- Solid Java Programming chops (3+ years)
- Selenium Webdriver - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 2 or more years to test web apps And/Or Appium - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 1 or more years to create automated tests for Mobile iOS and Android applications
- Expertise with Git/GitHub required. Experience using GitFlow desirable. Familiarity with incorporating work with CI tools such as Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo required. Knowledge of Maven, TestNG, Junit desirable.
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required. Familiarity integrating with JIRA via APIs desirable
- Basic expertise with SQL is required. Expertise with No SQL databases such as MongoDB is desirable
- Basic knowledge of APIs including calling SOAP and REST end points using JSON and XML Data is required. Expertise with tools such as Charles, Fiddler, POSTMAN desirable
- Experience working with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) / ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) Frameworks is desirable. Experience with associated tech – rspec, Capybara, RestAssured, Espresso, XCTest, Gatling etc. desirable.
- Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance tests.
- Ecommerce or Retail experience a plus
Soft Skills :
- Innate Curiosity to imaginatively think through scenarios that affect end users, brainstorm and discuss with team members, document the scenarios and, devise testing strategies (with a bias towards automation) to cover the risks.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required.
- Strong communication and language skills to be able to precisely define and specify BDD and Acceptance Tests is required
- Excellent communicator - present and defend the QA perspective to other team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills - will work in close-knit, small Agile teams. Must bring a "support the team" attitude, while balancing against defending high quality experiences for the end-user
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile, continuous delivery environment
Please note that all offers of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- 401(K) with company match.
- Generous healthcare coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.