Software Engineer in Test at WeWork Technology
The mission of Real Estate & Development (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Work closely with developers to implement automation workflows for various real life application flows.
- Ability to automate repeated tasks.
- Build test coverage over time to reduce / eliminate manual testing activity.
- Ability to write code / scripts to test WeWork’s various user facing paid applications and services.
- Create end-to-end automation for UI and APIs.
- Create integration tests.
- Participate and be a integral part of software architecture and design.
- Help debug production issues.
- Provide coaching to scrum teams on how-to implement and write “seed” tests for their features.
- Create a test infrastructure to enable other engineers to contribute to tests.
- Contribute to post-mortems in the form of lessons to be learned and promote a culture of quality and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- At least (5-7) years of experience working as a test Engineer or a Software engineer in a front end or a backend role
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Good understanding of Software design principles
- Proficient in JUnit , GIT, MySQL, Selenium webdriver
- Good understanding of relational databases, SQL
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies and processes, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
Nice to Have:
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Working knowledge of Docker, AWS
- Working Knowledge of Kotlin, Laravel, React Sagas
- Working Knowledge of TypeScript, Webpack, GraphQL, Puppeteer
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.