Software Engineer in Test at Narrativ
Narrativ is the marketplace for unbiased product recommendations by experts on the open web. We exponentially increase match rate and augment commerce content with real time conversion data—turning honest recommendations from expert voices into a brand safe, multi-billion dollar acquisition channel.
Demand for expert recommendations has exploded, surpassing the need for simple price comparison and ushering in the era of the Intentional Shopper. This is a lean in, high intent shopper who seeks the whole story to find the products best suited to her individual needs.
Our product graph—100M+ products mapped to all of the rich stories about them and over $26B of live purchase data —powers our high match rate. Our market research tools help editors author better, higher converting product recommendations.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: Narrativ drove $50mm in revenue for partners like Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty, Chanel, Goop, Revolve, and more.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
- Ensure quality by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Design and deploy automated self-healing infrastructure (Terraform, AWS)
- Implement automated system monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve system outages
- Support and administer a variety of stateful systems including Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Continually work to improve team capabilities with training, documentation, code reviews, pair programming, and collaboration
- Mentor and supervise 4-6 individual contributors, play key role in the sprint planning process
- 4+ years building backend systems in Python
- Motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and drive to improve
- Previous experience leading successful development teams a plus
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.