Who We Are
Neverware is the developer of CloudReady, the highly secure, fast, and modern operating system that runs on almost any hardware. Launched in February 2015, CloudReady garnered immediate attention by giving budget-strapped schools a way to turn old, slow computers into fast, reliable devices that deliver the same experience as a Chromebook. Several years and one million installs later, CloudReady is the OS of choice for innovative organizations and IT teams eager to embrace the future of computing and eliminate the hassle and expense of legacy operating systems. Thousands of schools, businesses, and consumers in 127 countries around the world use CloudReady daily via our Education, Enterprise, and Home Editions.
With offices in New York and London, Neverware has been featured on Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in New York City in 2019 and 2018, was named #8 on Built in NYC's Best Small Places to Work in NYC, and was the winner of the 2018 TIMMY Award for Best Startup in New York. Neverware’s investors include Google LLC, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rethink Education. Our partners include Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Samsung, and more.
Who You Are: You’re an engineer with a few years under your belt, and want to work on a unique product built on open source technology. Maybe you want to be a part of a small and dedicated team that makes great products users actually want. Maybe you want the space to take ownership of and responsibility for a part of the codebase. Maybe you’ve just always wanted to professionally develop and ship a Linux operating system, or build a web portal that customers rely on to manage their enterprise operations. Above all, you’re an enthusiastic engineer who loves making great products and solving problems.
What You'll Do: As a Software Engineer at Neverware, you’ll be working on our engineering team to continue to develop great products and deliver them to customers who need them. From day one you’ll begin to work on and refactor existing features, in addition to architecting and building new ones. You’ll be primarily developing the web services that support our operating system as well as our customer portal at my.neverware.com.
You can expect to:
- Have some autonomy when architecting and implementing new features
- Have the opportunity to own parts of our stack, or tools that you build to help the team
- Write code that is relied upon by our customers and updated at regular intervals
- Have a voice and a vote during technical discussions
- Have a flexible schedule to get your code written
- Demonstrated prior on-the-job experience in web application development
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- Recently developed and maintained web application software that operates at scale in a production environment
- Experience with the following technologies: Express (Node.js), Ruby on Rails, SQL, HTML 5, CSS, jQuery, Git
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with the Chromium Browser and/or Chromium OS source code
- Experience with AWS, particularly: Dynamo DB, Elastic, Beanstalk, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, CloudFormation
- Experience with Python / Django
- Experience with Memcached, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Sass / SCSS
- Experience with Angular / React / Ember
Neverware is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.