Software Engineer, Web
Pager is a rapidly growing NYC health-tech startup looking for a Software Engineer, Web to develop our suite of client care applications. Our web apps power our medical staff, as well as our clients’ staff to provide the best health care and routing for our patients. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated technical leadership in prior roles, working with large code bases and a team of engineers. The candidate should possess a solid eye for design and end user experience. The candidate should have the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- Architect and build Web Applications
- Maintain code quality and high standards of development
- Build out a new, UI component library
- Understand our medical staff’s workflow and participate in key design and UX ideation and improvements implementation
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Build and maintain CI/CD infrastructure
- Manage releases for our internal stakeholders
- Build and maintain internal tooling and reporting infrastructure
- Work with product team to translate business requirements into smaller work units for the engineering team
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan, build and test new features
- Understand existing tech debt, and work with team leads on proposals to manage tech debt
- Participate in technology roadmap discussions
- Approxiametely 2-6 years of experience building front-end web apps
- Expertise working with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Experience with unit testing and an understanding of its value
- Experience with GIT
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical teammates
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with Typescript
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices
- Ability to integrate concepts and methodologies into concrete product implementations
- Ability to accurately set expectations, and then deliver on those expectations
- Ability to work independently and quickly, but cares about precision and details, doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Encouraged to take risks, suggest ideas and push yourself to new heights
- Constantly evaluating user experience and the design of our products
- Constantly evaluating the maintainability of the codebase going into the future
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
Autonomy, decentralized decision making, mobile, Node.js, RabbitMQ, microservices, security, continuous integration, pragmatic, code quality, open source, diverse are just a few words to describe what Pager Engineering is made of.
Our engineering team is composed of over 20 engineers across multiple disciplines including mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will have a chance to work with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes only full-time engineers who are located in New York City and around the world.
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful start-ups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product to long nights of happy hours and group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status