Software Engineer - WeWork Labs at WeWork Technology
About the Role
We’re looking for an out-of-the-box thinker with deep technology roots; a well organized self-starter who is eager to jump in feet first. You are someone who has helped build robust and scalable consumer products. You can listen to what a customer says they want, prioritize, and help figure out a real solution to their problem. You bring a proven history of initiative, self-direction, creativity, and are a top performer in your current role. Daily work will also include partnering closely with centralized and market-level sales, partnerships, programming, strategy, and corporate HQ teams.
About the Team
The mission of WeWork Labs is to make WeWork the long-term friend and partner to early stage startups, helping them fulfill their destiny, and to power all organizations that share the same intention. Our vision is to be there for anyone who wishes to take the startup path, be the best place to start, and forever partner in success and failure. We offer a global platform that helps startups grow and succeed through community, education, mentorship, investments, press and more, and deliver directly under the WeWork Labs brand and indirectly by powering incubators and accelerators.
- Developing software our users need.
- Design, develop and implement applications that support day-to-day operations.
- Develop user interfaces with back-end databases and other tools.
- Recommend technical feasibilities and solutions.
- Evaluate new technologies in the light of emerging trends and technologies.
- Modify and update existing technologies improvise performances.
- Troubleshoot and resolve difficult problems relating to software applications and programs.
- The desire to learn and grow.
- 3+ years web development experience
- Experience with React and the React ecosystem
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js, Yarn, Webpack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, etc
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with REST
- Experience maintaining and extending a style guide for scalability and cross application usage
- You present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal groups.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.