A new subsidiary of IEX Group is looking for a talented software engineer to contribute to the Technology Development team.
You have experience developing complex applications and systems, ideally with low latency C++, and have a solid understanding of technology fundamentals and networking.
You will have the opportunity to apply that experience and knowledge to build new products for the swXtch.io business. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer to join a team that will focus on new development in the area of high-performance cloud networking.
You are a high energy self-starter who is intellectually curious, not afraid to be hands-on, and eager to contribute to code every single day. Experience of event driven systems is desired, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency is imperative. If this sounds like you, join us!
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong interest in mentoring junior team members
- Strong communication skills – you will have to work with employees from across the organization and around the world
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for coding the application logic for new products in the high-performance cloud computing space
- Responsible for documentation of system designs and operation
- Design new applications: including architecture, API design, testing and deployment
- Build out software components and systems needed for delivery of new technology products
- Collaborate with partners in business development, support, and infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming experience, particularly in C++ or Golang
- High performance C/C++ or Golang
- Experience of building software for Linux platforms and of using git for source control
- Understanding of full software development processes (build tools, continuous integration, automated testing, deployment)
- Experience of working with cloud environments and virtual machines
- Experience with network programming (IP Multicast, UDP, TCP, etc.)
- Distributed computing, data modeling, operational experience, a plus
- Windows Server 2016, 2019 development experience, especially around networking
- Understanding of low-level OS/networking such as APIs, thread scheduling, and performance tuning.
- High performance data structure/algorithms.
- DPDK and RDMA
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.