Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Software Engineer (SE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As an SE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mastering best practices and collaborating with your peers. You’ll take ideas from inception to reality by rapidly building prototypes, iterating and releasing them. You’ll build scalable products to make a simple and efficient healthcare experience for patients, providers, and your fellow Zocdocr’s.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A product-driven engineer with a passion for building a better healthcare experience
- Motivated by building fully scalable consumer facing applications with the latest technologies
- A great communicator and collaborator who believes in our core value of Together not Alone
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
- A product-driven engineer who loves working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
Your day to day is…
- Contributing across the stack with technologies like React, Scala, Node.js and C#
- Building products designed to scale quickly like new patient interactions, native advertising technology and new functionality that helps doctors optimize their Zocdoc experience
- Shipping new features to millions of users autonomously, with fully automated continuous integration and deployment. Working with industry leading technologies across AWS in a scalable and resilient microservice environment
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers. Sharing and learning through our technology guilds, design and code review processes, and teams that love to explore new ideas and work together
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A natural curiosity and passion for technology
- A sound foundation in computer science fundamentals and are excited to deepen your coding and OO design skills
- Experience working well on agile teams and value open communication, conflict resolution and real time feedback that makes both you and your team better
- Experience building and deploying client facing web applications that scale
- 3+ years of professional back-end development experience. Knowledge of OOP, FP, and React are all a plus, as is experience writing automated tests
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred, but not required
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.