Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering >50,000 appointments. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 3+ years of professional experience as a software engineer in back-end, front-end, or full-stack web development
- Want to work on both the back-end and front-end of our codebase
- Enjoy building things from the ground up and partnering with product
- Are eager to own features and projects from scoping all the way to shipping
- Are excited to build software to help tackle critical business needs
- Have have a track record of working well across teams and functions
- Change the trajectory of a startup striving to redefine access to mental health in America.
- Bonus points if...
- You have prior experience with Python and/or React
- You have worked with AWS infrastructure before
You will love this role if want to:
- Work on a highly collaborative, cross-functional engineering team in order to build the best products for therapists, patients, physician and payer partners, and/or your teammates at Headway.
- Own features from scoping to shipping
- Help establish and engrain best practices throughout our codebase
- Work in a fast-paced, iterative development process -- we release changes to our products multiple times per day!
- One of our engineering cultural principles is “Everything is a Product”. Contribute to our engineering culture, processes, and documentation with the same thought and care that we do our software.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.