Software Engineer at VTS
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other engineers to incrementally craft high quality products and APIs for our customers (we deploy multiples times a day)
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or on-boarding buddy, etc.
Build Products That Help...
- Brokers and landlords manage the lifecycle of a commercial real estate deal - from inquiry to close
- Landlords manage relationships with their tenants (we analyze the graph of their relationships, provide insights to help close deals, expose risk, and more)
- Landlords and brokers shorten negotiation and approval times from weeks to hours when closing a deal
- Landlords analyze and understand risk in their assets
- Landlords explore the breath of their leasing data with custom reports and business intelligence software
Some Other Challenges You Might Help Solve
- How do we rethink some of our core data models and foundation to support an international product? (As we’ve expanded into Europe and beyond many of the assumptions we made for a US based market need to be reconsidered for a global user base)
- How do we reduce the time it takes to onboard new customers onto the VTS platform?
- How do we drive more usage on our mobile app?
- And many more… :)
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 2+ years experience working as a full stack engineer or have a mix of those skills and willing to work full stack
- Experience delivering high-quality web applications for the consumer or enterprise
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, tdd, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
Nice to Haves
- Experience working at a product focused company
- Experience working with our technology stack - Angular/React, Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, ElasticSearch
- Experience operating in larger engineering teams (20+ engineers)
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!