At CB Insights, we build software that helps predict trends using data.
As a Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a self-motivated team that uses state-of-the-art technologies, writing quality code that ships often.
Why CB Insights:
- Our engineers work across the stack, building UIs, robust services & scalable data processing.
- We focus on modularity & reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
- Much of our engineering team has been with us for several years, despite a white hot tech market with options galore.
- Our collaborative teach & learn culture evolves with your interests.
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Work with the UI/UX team to create front-end patterns to be followed throughout the platform.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify opportunities and work through challenges and share knowledge with your colleagues, including mentoring.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Real world experience programming high volume backend data processing systems between multiple databases including MySQL and ElasticSearch or Solr
- Solid understanding of modern web application development processes and standard methodologies.
- Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design and front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability is a first class goal.
- Experience with React or Angular required.
- Real world experience building multi-tenant content management systems (CMS)
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment, requiring experience with Git and Docker
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.