Galaxy Digital is a diversified merchant bank dedicated to the digital assets and blockchain technology industry, structured into four service areas: Principal Investing, Asset Management, Advisory and Trading. Galaxy Digital’s multi-disciplinary team has extensive experience spanning investing, portfolio management, capital markets, operations, and blockchain technology. While the firm is a start-up, it is also publicly traded in Canada with regulated operations in the U.S., Canada, Hong Kong, London and Tokyo. We are seeking a Software Engineer to assist with the design and implementation of software applications serving Galaxy Digital’s trading and digital asset systems, and website. The developer will work closely with our Program Management team and Business Units to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software solutions spanning multiple technology platforms.
- Applying industry best practices in modern application development of the digital assets trading platform and related tools and systems, using Core Java, Hibernate, and related technologies.
- Delivering production quality code, employing extensive testing methodologies (unit, functional, and integration) in an iterative fashion, while soliciting requirements directly from stakeholders and clients.
- Working closely with end users to ensure that delivered functionalities fully meet user requirements and expected functionality.
- Fulfilling ancillary duties, as required, in support of the sales and trading operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 6 years hands-on development experience working with relevant technologies in financial services with some experience working on trading systems and exchanges
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Java, or C++ preferably in building low-latency trading platforms
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Prior experience with FIX protocol
- Experience with React or any modern UI framework, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres, Docker
- Nice to have: AWS, DevOps, containerization, blockchain or crypto currency experience
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse work environment
- Hands on working style and willing to contribute to the team beyond your traditional management job responsibilities
- Commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations
- Ability to work directly successfully with end users to gather/finalize/refine requirements
- Enthusiasm for cryptocurrency and blockchain