AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
We are seeking a passionate Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing the cutting edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of crawling, searching and text processing functions.
The ideal candidate has strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, preferred.
- Background in development of large scale data analytics software and algorithm design
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in extracting structured information from document archives and in developing text processing systems
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in Java, Linux, and scripting languages (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Experience using relational and search databases (SOLR/Lucene, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with working with cloud computing (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.