Software Engineer at Harry's
Harry’s is looking for a talented, experienced software engineer to join our team to focus on building and improving the harrys.com web application and associated systems. The Harry’s website serves millions of customers, so this is a great opportunity to do impactful work at a huge scale.
About the Team
The Engineering team at Harry’s is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing. In the last year, our team built features like Mystery Item and browser payments, launched new body wash and soap products, launched our first new brand Flamingo using the JAM stack, built out a Pride campaign, held a H’ackathon that produced some features like Quick Add, and did many more awesome things.
About the Role
We’re looking for a software engineer who can help us build a Direct To Consumer brand experience that customers continue to love. In this role, you’ll become a key contributor in building features in and improving our application. You’ll be working closely with product management and design teams to achieve business goals while driving engineering excellence and best practices in our engineering organization. Systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Become a key contributor in the design and implementation of new features on Harry’s.
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to solve customer pain points.
- Make improvements to existing functionality to make them more performant, reliable, testable, and maintainable.
- Contribute to our agile planning, code reviews, testing methodology, and on-call systems, and think critically and constructively about how to improve and shape those processes.
This should describe you:
- You are a candidate or have a Bachelor’s in computer science, software engineering or similar (or have 2+ years of relevant work experience).
- You have a passion for developing web applications, troubleshooting & debugging issues.
- You are always seeking opportunities to improve your own work.
- You are humble, and leave your ego at the door. You are able to take feedback gracefully and act on it, as well as give thoughtful feedback.
- You are enthusiastic about being a resource for the people on your team.
- You are curious about software and how things work, you work to understand technical problems, and you stay current.
- You’re looking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
- You have a passion for solving complex and tough problems and thrive in a culture of innovation.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.