We are a small, but mighty team, working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery Digital Media is looking for a Software Engineer to work within our Services Engineering team in implementing microservices applications that focus on content delivery, user entitlements, personalization and data. This is a fantastic opportunity to help solve complex but interesting scalability, performance and resiliency problems for products consumed by millions of users! You will have the opportunity to work with a suite of great technologies and in a highly collaborative environment.
Our technology stack includes Golang, MariaDB, MongoDB, AWS (SQS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.), Docker, Github, Grafana, InfluxDB, PHP and Memcache/Redis. We love working with modern tools and sharing our experiences with the community.
1. Work closely with a team of very talented Software Engineers to design, develop and support APIs and other server side applications
2. Write clean, well-documented code for a range of digital products and services
3. Influence technical architecture to enable scalable and extensible solutions
4. Writing unit tests and end-to-end tests, against your code, to be used in our CI workflow
5. Participate in peer code reviews, provide and handle constructive feedback, and develop team knowledge
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical experience
* Experience with server-side web frameworks
* Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
* Experience with implementing software in at least one modern programming language such as PHP, Python or GoLang
* Knowledgeable with REST API design, implementation and documentation
* Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
* Able to work in teams, contribute ideas and share knowledge proactively
* Self-motivated and unafraid to dive into detailed technical issues
* Passionate about clean solutions to software problems
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States