Software Engineer at Crossix
What You'll Do
Crossix is seeking an intellectually curious, resourceful, and collaborative individual to join our Analytics Products Engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to help us build out the systems and processes that power our business.
This position will join our Analytics Products team and will be a key interface with other teams to ensure continuous improvement upon the elimination of manual effort through automation, increasing scalability through the deployment of technology.
- Develop and be accountable for the delivery of systems and automated solutions for business problems assigned to you.
- Work with senior engineers to elaborate stories and epics into implementable tasks.
- Design and implement unit and integration tests.
- Contribute to the design of new systems that the engineering team is working on.
- Develop visualizations for data housed in a variety of stores (Oracle, Aurora, RedShift and flat files) to extract KPIs and BI for our team and others across the business
- Identify, document, and report bug cases and features in the issue/change tracking system.
- Provide technical guidance & support for members of the team and others in the company in your areas of expertise.
- Actively work to develop technical and soft skills through training, event attendance, accreditation and industry knowledge.
What You've Done
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field.
- 1-3 years of post-graduate experience.
- Python programming ability - ideally in conjunction with data-storage technologies such as an RDBMS or S3.
- Worked as part of a development team, implementing features as part of a wider project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and approach.
- Hands-on experience of AWS technologies – primarily Redshift, RDS (Aurora MySQL), S3, Lambda, Glue, CloudWatch & CloudFront. Associate level certification (Architect or Developer) a bonus.
- SQL (Oracle, MySQL or MS-SQL) and at least conceptual knowledge of DBA activities.
- Practical experience automating business processes.
- Knowledge of writing to third party APIs (REST and OAuth experience a plus).
- Experience working within an agile development and planning environment.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Spotfire (strongly preferred) or Tableau.
- Exposure to marketing, healthcare or other large-scale data.
About the Team – Crossix is the market leader in delivering hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.