Software Engineer at MaestroQA
Our mission is to help companies across the world improve their customer experiences through streamlined quality assurance practices, customer support coaching, and data driven reporting.
Even more important than skills is being a great culture fit - so that we all can have amazing work relationships that energize us everyday.
What makes a great fit for Maestro?
You want to be pushed and challenged by the people around you to open your mind, change your opinion, and spin every obstacle in your way as an opportunity for growth.
You want a work environment where people hold each other accountable. Giving transparent and honest feedback for the betterment of that human being and the team is so important you.
You don't want work to be a clock-in, clock-out vibe. You truly value building meaningful relationships with the people you spend tens of hours with. This means you want to learn about people's interests, hobbies, lives, and want people to take an interest in yours. For you, work is a place to build another community and not just a means to afford the community you have outside of work.
Lastly, you want to live like an owner and not just accept but embrace the responsibility that comes with it (trust, autonomy, flexibility, clear impact,. etc.). You want to go somewhere that encourages you to act like it's your own business that you share with everyone and a place that isn't worried about the politics of stepping on each others toes.
Engineering at MaestroQA
With our customers at the center of our product decisions, we aim to provide them with intuitive interfaces and seamless integrations. Driven by insights gained from customer conversations, we work quickly and iterate to provide the best product possible while still focusing on well-designed architecture and readable code. We're looking for engineers who embrace these aspects and who are eager to contribute on all levels of our product.
As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with new and powerful technologies - the ones you and your small team identify as being the best for the job. One such project you will dive into includes re-designing and implementing the data pipelines core to our business, which affects everything from who our customers can be to what features we offer and how. Another project offers the opportunity to dive into machine learning and NLP as we explore new and exciting opportunities with text analytics.
- Have the opportunity to work across the whole range of our application and infrastructure
- Iterate on and create major parts of our distributed systems, infrastructure, data processes, and core features
- Communicate directly with customers and internal teams to help define our roadmap
- Help or own launches onto new platforms
- Have input on tools and technical decisions
The best applicants will likely:
- Have experience building production software applications
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with varied responsibilities
- Be excited about working directly with customers
- Have an eagerness to experiment, a determination to contribute, and a drive recognize problems and swiftly remedy them
- Experience with any or all of Python, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL is a plus but not required if you're eager to learn! An interest or (even better) experience, in NLP or DevOps is also a plus but also not required.
Pay, Perks & Such:
We provide competitive salaries, stock options and benefits like health coverage, 401k, team events, and more! The biggest perk by far is the opportunity to learn by working on the ground floor and getting to actually build the roller coaster versus just ride it.