Software Engineer at Kindbody
We’re a community of healthcare providers, fertility specialists, and women who get it. We are on a mission to reinvent women’s healthcare services. We believe it’s time for women to learn the facts about their fertility and make their own plan through best-in-class technology, operations, clinical service, and a modern branded experience. We are NYC-based and rapidly expanding nationally.
We are hiring experienced software engineers to help infuse data and best practices into clinician decision making via our own acquired EMR, and we'll also be creating a patient experience to help patients understand their fertility in a non-intimidating, intuitive way.
Our engineers are curious, empathetic co-workers! Our primary technical concerns are security, ensuring data integrity, EMR speed and usability, and building integration-first APIs. We eat, breathe, and live efficiency, from our Agile-Kanban hybrid development procedures, our architecture decisions, and our product priorities.
As an experienced backend engineer, you will be working on our Electronic Medical Records system (EMR) used by our clinical staff written primarily in Rails. Your focus will be on features specifically related to improving patient communications, for example, building a secure messaging solution and CRM-like features. This will help us deliver our mission more efficiently so we can make fertility more accessible.
Our Tech Stack
- Docker: everything, everywhere
- Rails apps unified in a monorepo: not the sexiest language, but battle tested for our EMR. Read about our decision to monorepo here!
- Kubernetes in AWS (EKS): ensures stability, uptime, speed, scalability of our EMR
- Node, React, Amplify: modern, usable Patient Portal. Read more here!
- Python, Serverless Architecture
- AWS, GCP, Segment, Metabase: our data engineering stack. Read more here!
- Own it. Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement to keep our production systems scaling and performing fast
- Speak up! Contribute to conversation concerning sprints and deliverables
- Get involved. Design and architect systems that can span multiple teams and/or products
- Be thoughtful. Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to build useful, relevant, dependable solutions
- Think critically. Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our patients and internal stakeholders
- Be curious! Actively contribute to the adoption of strong architecture, best practices and new technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Work experience as a software engineer in an MVC framework (Rails, Django, etc.)
- Collaborative working style, detail- and goal- oriented, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage tight deadlines
- Desire to learn outside of current skill set
- Experience building HIPAA-compliant software