Software Engineer at KeyMe Locksmiths
KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
KeyMe sits at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, software, and mechanical design. Our self-service kiosks scan and duplicate thousands of keys per day, and are effectively an autonomous self-calibrating machine shop in a box.
The control systems team is looking to add a mid-senior level Software Engineer to our group. Reporting to the Director of Control Systems Engineering this qualified Individual will help to assist in building systems to scale out our fleet of robotic key copying kiosks as we expand our operations throughout the US. We are responsible for a broad range of KeyMe’s technology development such as our core libraries, backend integration software, peripheral device management, and robotics control software.
As a member of our team, you would be exposed to one of the most “full stack” engineering teams anywhere, from writing high level software in modern functional languages (i.e. Haskell), to writing peripheral control firmware in C, to system level design from the PCB level on up, we offer an extremely broad range of engineering activities that ensure you’ll never be bored in your career.
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing core systems software with an eye for scale and usability
- Assisting in the maintenance of our existing systems (Python/C/Haskell)
- Assisting in the design and maintenance of our core system software and libraries
- Integrating existing solutions into our ecosystem
How We Know You Can Do It
- 4-6 years professional software design experience
- Strong understanding of Python3
- A desire to work with high level functional languages (Haskell)
- Experience with DVCS systems (Git/Mercurial)
- Professional experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with at least 1 functional programming language (Haskell / OCaml / Scala / Erlang / Elixir / Clojure). We use haskell, but the transition will be easier if you’re familiar with FP concepts
- Solid understanding of the C language
- Experience with
- Microservice architectures
- A message passing / queueing technology (RabbitMQ / MQTT / Redis)
- The Linux networking stack
- Experience with USB devices on Linux
- Mechatronics / Robotics experience
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)