Software Engineer at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:51 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
As an Engineer you will be part of a small team of technical engineers providing post-sales integration engineering and support facilitating pre-sales information transfer and project scoping related to our mobile authentication solutions. You will be client facing and work with both our team of Sales Directors and Technical Project Managers to properly communicate and implement our mobile authentication solutions and apply them to customer opportunities. You will be a subject matter expert to our clients during the implementation phase, working closely with customer developers on coding requirements and questions and performing hands-on coding and debugging work to ensure customer success.
You will work with our product leaders to understand Prove's capabilities and changing abilities, internally communicating market trends and unmet needs so that our products are always at or ahead of the market. This is a hands-on, client facing role where you will demonstrate your knowledge by aiding the sales process and a key resource during the client implementation to revenue live.
What You Are Responsible For
- Delivering effective in-depth product presentations and demonstrations to convey the functional and technical aspects of our solutions.
- Partner with Sales Directors during the sales process, leading the product and technology evaluation to successful selection of Prove
- Design and clearly communicate solutions, demonstrating that you have a clear grasp of business value as well as technical challenges
- Guide customers through early phases of technical integration efforts
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Ensure designs comply with requirements, perform code reviews
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems
- React quickly to changing customer and business needs
- Contribute independently on projects
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training
What We Require
- 3 to 5 years previous success with technical implementation of APIs, solutions architecture, and experience collaborating with external clients.
- Extensive technical experience with implementing REST style API’s, including using oAuth and other API authentication technologies.
- Experience with web interfaces including HTTP, HTML, and SSL.
- Understanding of and ability to answer code-level questions on Java SDKs.
- Understanding or experience with device authentication or two-factor/multi-factor authentication is a definite plus.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong storytelling skills and client interaction skills.
- Self-starter, capacity to learn at a fast pace.
- Passion for technology, APIs, and startups.
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership.
- Strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training.
- College/University Degree.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description