Enabling product creation at scale is the core of Shapeways’ innovative technology platform. By leveraging a global network of cutting-edge digital manufacturing and material partners, Shapeways continues to be a proven leader in advanced additive manufacturing [3D Printing] solutions. Founded in 2007, Shapeways is headquartered in New York City, with manufacturing facilities in Long Island City and the Netherlands, maintaining a prominent global presence around the world. Shapeways has enabled product creation for over 1+ million customers. And we’re just getting started.
Why is a Software Engineer important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Software Engineer to join our technology team. Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical skills to oversee projects of moderate complexity. The candidate should understand the business that their code supports and work to identify risks (in code, features, and design) and communicate these to the appropriate parties. If you're up for the challenge of helping us transform the 3D printing industry, then this role is for you!
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specifications
- Promote the adoption of new technologies while continuously advancing and evolving our legacy codebase
- Collaborate with team members to refine our best practices and processes
- Participate in code reviews, write automated tests, and help define our technical roadmap
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- 2+ years of professional experience working with PHP/MySQL
- Prior experience integrating 3rd party API's and interfaces
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (Symfony)
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance, and large scale
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies
- Familiarity with E-commerce and/or production manufacturing systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress. Also, this year we piloted Summer Fridays in HQ!
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates