Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for Software Engineer(s).
We are a dynamic team of engineers building products for a fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. As an experienced member of our Technology team, we foremost look for talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common technology and company goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards globally).How you’ll contribute
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work on both the front-end and back-end of our platform. The tasks you will have will require you to visualize and work with the entire platform and data assets.
- Work within our multi-technology stack including Go, Vue and TypeScript to build services and applications; Drupal-based platform with content, and Salesforce.
- Adapt to new technologies and processes, and work in a test-driven development environment. Your inputs will always be valued in implementing improvements to our development processes.
- Grow with us as we have clearly defined paths of progression and opportunities, whether you want to design systems, manage engineers, or put your head down and code.
- Collaborate with multiple Pods and flexibility to be part of any Pods that require your expertise. We are organized around B2B, B2C, Data & Business Intelligence, Platform and Growth Pods with shared services of SRE and QA.
- BS or MS in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in software engineering required.
- Familiarity with API design, DevOps concepts, AWS and cloud technologies, Docker.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus.
- Work closely with SRE and QA teams to ensure that infrastructure and development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning and executions, including build towards a reliable CI/CD pipeline.
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly.
- You love solving puzzles. Maybe that's writing code on personal projects; maybe that's doing thousand-piece jigsaw puzzles; maybe that's Rubik's cubes. You strive to understand how things are put together and why they aren't working.
- You want to be a part of a team that succeeds as a unit, and you want mentorship from other engineers as much as you want to mentor those engineers yourself.
- Passion to build great software.
- Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer desired, but not required. This can include experience with Salesforce.com Administration, Force.com developer toolkit, and Salesforce Communities experience.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.