What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Procore, you will manage a team focused on Document Processing. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll give you the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report into the Senior Engineering Manager for the Construction Documents Group and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of software engineers by identifying measurements of success and establishing well-defined agile processes
- Identify opportunities and a manage team to successfully deliver our initiatives
- Work closely with leadership and other key stakeholders within the Preconstruction Engineering division and across all of Engineering
- Work cross-functionally with Product and UX to build roadmaps and execution plans
- Help set team level goals, objectives, and overall strategies
- Provide support for Software Engineers on SaaS projects through collaboration and leading reviews of processes and architecture design
- Mentor and coach junior and senior software engineers, and be a driver for change and adoption across the broader organization
- Own the overall success of business domains managing the improvement of functionality, APIs, UX, testing, and performance adhering to our Engineering Tenets
- Collaborate with leadership to set short term and long term goals and strategies
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- 6+ years experience working in software engineering
- Experience working within a monolithic architecture, as well as a service-oriented architecture
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.