We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager on our Research Data Platforms Infrastructure team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will lead the Research Data Platforms Infrastructure (Mito) team at Flatiron. This team creates stable and resilient infrastructure, creates engineering efficiency and focuses on developer experience by investing in data-tooling, and partners with our Research product line engineering counterparts to create efficient processes to support data delivery. In addition, you'll also:
- Contribute hands-on to our infrastructure
- Champion engineering standards
- Develop and mentor engineering talent
- Lead technical planning
- Partner with other tech leads and be comfortable diving into the details to help drive the strategic and tactical roadmap
- Own the team’s deliverables by developing sustainable infrastructure that maximizes product engineering effectiveness
Who You Are
You are a leader who is enthusiastic about mentorship, coaching, and designing elegant solutions to complex problems. You're a dedicated people manager who recognizes that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers. You have a track record of leading high performing teams that successfully deliver scalable products in an agile technology company or a startup. You are also very motivated in building a positive developer experience and have experience empathizing with your internal engineering counterparts.
- You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture
- You have a minimum of two years experience managing engineers
- You recognize the value of measuring performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- You regularly anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them
- You have led internal infrastructure projects involving complex stakeholders
- You have demonstrated success navigating and bringing clarity to interfaces in complex technical ecosystems
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics