We’re looking for a Manager, Software Engineering to join Procore’s Cloud Systems Engineering team. In this role, you’ll use your technology skills to develop products that impact the way communities across the world are built.
As Manager, Software Engineering - Test Tooling & Frameworks, you’ll oversee a team developing tools to enhance the engineering organization’s productivity. You’ll provide best-in-class tools that enable feature developers to write effective tests. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll give you the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to our Senior Engineering Manager, Core Validation and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of software engineers by identifying measurements of success and establishing well-defined agile processes
- Identify opportunities, create tooling, and drive adoption to enhance Engineering productivity; lead the development of new internal platform tools
- Work closely with leadership and other key stakeholders across all of Engineering
- Help set team-level goals, objectives, and overall strategies
- Provide support for Software Engineers on SaaS projects through collaboration and leading reviews of processes and architecture design
- Mentor and coach junior and senior software engineers, and be a driver for change and adoption across the broader organization
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- 6+ years experience working in software engineering, specifically in the test space is preferred, but not required
- Experience developing automated internal tools that help improve quality, improve performance, increase deploy frequency and enhance the overall developer experience
- Experience working within a monolithic architecture, as well as a service-oriented architecture
- Experience designing, implementing and delivering scalable build/test/deploy infrastructure
- Ability to successfully operate and execute in ambiguous environments
- Ability to leverage exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communication skills within direct interactions with customers, business interests, and engineers alike
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.