Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round.
We are looking for a curious and execution focused Software Engineering Manager to lead one or more teams at Vise. You will partner closely with our product & design team, investment strategy team, quantitative engineering, and product platform engineering teams to prioritize and execute on work that provides real solutions for our customers. This includes features such as portfolio intelligence & explainability of our algorithm. Surfacing the intelligence/insights empowers advisors to have better conversations with their clients and build trust. We hold our product to a high standard valuing correctness, quality, and trustworthiness to reflect the values of the Financial Advisors we serve. Our engineering organization is built around three principles: Inclusivity, Trustworthiness, & Strive for Excellence. We embody an open, collaborative and inclusive spirit, and we value autonomy with accountability to learn & grow from both our wins and mistakes.
Our HQ is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our NYC office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees. This role can be based in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY.
What you will own
- Managing a current team of 4-8 full stack product engineers
- Supporting your reports career growth along mastery of craft, leadership and impact
- Setting technical direction for our product through thoughtful planning with your team, cross functional and other engineering leaders
- Cross-Functional partnership with multiple other teams outside of Tech to drive product and business opportunities through technical execution
What you will bring on Day 1
- 3+ years of engineering management experience and must have previous experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Passion for and experience in recruiting talent and managing high performing & motivated engineers
- Demonstrated delivery of projects scoped at 3-6 month and ability to articulate technical aspects, trade offs, success metrics and operational impact
- Experience owning a production product and a love for collaboration across functions to achieve business impact
- A desire to grow you management skills in a startup environment where achieving impact through flexibility, grit, and resolve matter more than job titles
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.