mParticle is expanding and looking for experienced people managers to join the team! The mParticle data pipeline is a critical extension of infrastructure for some of the biggest brands and their engineering teams, processing and delivering 10+ billion daily requests at low latency.
Are you a leader who takes pride in the growth of their team? Do you enjoy the puzzle of people management just as much as the puzzle of software development? As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for helping our engineers grow and thrive in a fast-paced and cutting edge environment. You’ll help set best practices across your team to drive quality and velocity
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. Our ideal candidate has a strong balance of technical and people skill and is a proven mentor and technical leader.
If the above sounds interesting, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you!
- Drive employee career growth through leadership and mentorship
- Hold regular 1:1's to deeply understand each engineers' unique passions and areas for improvement
- Hire incredible engineers to meet the needs of a growing organization
- Improve team happiness and productivity through strong culture and detail-oriented process
- Get involved in solving bugs and shipping small features
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- 7+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineers
- Ability to achieve consensus amongst stakeholders
- A proven track record of growing and supporting engineers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mobile engineering and open source contribution is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
At this time, mParticle will not be sponsoring visas for this roleAbout mParticle
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, Hulu, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 45 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.