Squarespace is looking for a Team Lead to direct and scale the Help Center team. The Help Center is an important part of our customer's journey as it provides clear guidance and support whenever our customers seek help. The team develops and maintains the support site and its integrations with our customer support tools.
You will report to the Internal Applications Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Lead other engineers and work with product managers and designers to provide customer-focused experiences
- Have regular 1-on-1s with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and shape the team's roadmap
- Keep our product updated with the latest technologies
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing pragmatic code)
- Contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor team members and help them grow
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Experience developing large-scale application software
- Experience integrating 3rd party services using APIs and facades
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, and feature queries
- Experience with Single Page Application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, and well tested code
- BS in Computer Science, or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.