Software Security Engineer at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an engineer to come on board and own major portions of our security programs in both our production and corporate environments. You will partner with teams across the organization to build programs that secure the platform powering millions of websites. You will be an expert on all things security across the engineering organization. You will report into the team lead. This role is based in our NYC office.
- Promote security within Squarespace
- Identify security risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Architect, support and evaluate security-focused tools and services
- Advise on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Recommend new security products and technologies
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python or Java)
- 3+ years of experience in network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP and BGP)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, and IT)
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.