Site Reliability Engineer - Acuity
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for a experienced and passionate software engineer and systems engineer who has a background in systems, programming and networking to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers and build new ones, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and protect our product, infrastructure and networks. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Manage AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, and RDS
- Write infrastructure-as-code using Terraform that automates the provisioning, deployment, and scaling of Acuity's infrastructure
- Write configuration management using Chef to automate server-related tasks
- Monitor infrastructure using Datadog and New Relic to provide maximum observability
- Share on-call rotation and be an escalation point to the business and engineering
- Collaborate with other SREs and Software Developers
- Programming experience in Bash, PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Experience managing distributed systems in *nix environments
- An understanding of, and experience with, web application development
- Understand database design, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals
- Real-world experience with Docker and AWS
Acuity Scheduling is an online scheduling technology that was acquired by Squarespace in 2019. Acuity supports more than 90,000 businesses by helping to schedule millions of appointments and manage those scheduling logistics on a global scale. Our main hobby is helping businesses of every size organize their schedules so they have more time in their day for their business or their garden.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.